About Me!

Hello!  My name is Kameron Going and this is my blog!

I currently live in East Lansing and work as an online instructor for Michigan Virtual.  I’m originally from Utah, where I obtained my original educator’s license and began my teaching career.  I moved to Michigan in 2016 with my wife and two little girls so that my wife could begin work on a Ph.d. in Mathematics Education at Michigan State University.

I am a firm proponent of the necessity of critical literacy skills in today’s world.  Thanks to the power of technology and the internet, the currents of power and privilege have never been more easily recognizable, nor more readily assailable than they are today.  Students with the ability to recognize the inequalities in the world and speak up about them can become world citizens capable of effecting great change.  Nothing is a stronger tool in this struggle than language.  As an English and Spanish teacher, I make it my goal to instill these skills in my students, so that they may one day leave the world a better place than they found it.

Skip to toolbar